If your company’s value proposition relies on innovation and differentiation, then aligning your intellectual property with your business strategy should be among your top priorities. Protecting your business and its innovations through intellectual property strategies, including patenting, trademarks, employment agreements, confidentiality agreements, and overseas filings are critical to the long-term success of your start-up.
As different forms of intellectual property can protect different aspects of your business, this session will help you understand what’s available to you, and what is involved in securing intellectual property rights while using strategies to support your budget. By the end of this session, you will be able to:
- Understand the different forms of intellectual property, including patents, trade secrets, copyrights, and trademarks
- Identify what assets can be protected by intellectual property rights within your start-up budget.
- Identify your company’s valuable intellectual property.
- Understand what you need to do to preserve and protect intellectual property rights.
- Start developing your intellectual property strategy.
Presented by James Coe, Counsel at Hamilton, Brook, Smith & Reynolds