An efficient and productive meeting results when participants are able to embrace the big picture, the meeting’s purpose and are inspired to follow up on next steps. For this to happen, the meeting’s content and flow needs to be planned. Some techniques to create inspiring meetings to be covered include: start and end strong, make the meeting’s purpose clear, discuss concrete examples, create appropriate levity, and have participatory activities to vary the pace.
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Create “buy-in” for meetings and illuminate the purpose
- Make clear the objective within the “big picture”
- Use techniques learned to keep participants leaning in to participate and remain focused
- Provide some variety and levity so participants are not bored
- End the meeting strongly with information understood, decisions made, and clear next steps
Presented by James Poage, JLP Performance Consulting