Magnomer is a design-to-recycle company that makes magnetic coatings to enable the recyclability of plastic packaging.
Plastic packaging is everywhere but only a small percentage that are collected actually get recycled. Currently, only about 2% of all collected PET bottles are recycled back into bottles. Ravish discovered that the problem with recyclability of packaging was sorting. While getting his MBA at Babson, he founded Magnomer, a plug-and-play solution of using magnetization as a means to enable plastic packaging recyclability.
Watch the video below to learn more about Ravish’s story and Magnomer:
- Magnomer to pilot its bottle cap markers with Casella
- These 19 MassChallenge Startups Just Won $1.65M
- Winner of iMatSci Innovation showcase at MRS Fall 2018
- Sorting Plastic for Recycling Is Key But Tricky. MassChallenge Startup Magnomer Can Help
- Cleantech Open Northeast Accelerator Program Awards 2018’s Top Cleantech and Energy Startups
- Venture Cafe Cambridge
- Cleantech Open Northeast
- The Lewis Institute at Babson College
- The Arthur M. Blank Center for Entrepreneurship at Babson College
Want to know more? Visit https://www.magnomer.com
ABOUT THE VIDEO SERIES:
The video series features startup founders and executives from the Venture Café Foundation community. Our goal is to capture more startup stories from the community as well as get more impact stories on how our programs at the Venture Cafe Foundation have been useful or helpful for you along your journey.
Want to be interviewed for this video series? Please complete the application form to be considered. As a prerequisite to being considered, please create a startup profile for your company on StartHub.
Visit the Startups section to view the current list of startups on the site.