Abridge News helps people escape news echo chambers by providing quick facts and arguments from both sides for trending news stories.
With distrust in media and political polarization being higher than ever before, Laura recognized that the way in which we’re engaging with news isn’t healthy and can lead to toxic relationships. Shortly after the 2016 presidential election, she decided to build a tech solution that could help bridge the political divide and increase empathy and critical thinking.
Watch the video below to learn more about Laura’s story and Abridge News:
Abridge News was recognized as a ‘Startup to Watch’ by StartHub, a program of the Venture Café Foundation. You can learn more about Abridge News in our insider interview with Laura here: Spotlight on: Abridge News, StartHub’s Startup to Watch for September 2018
- Nieman Reports: Startups Trying to Improve Civil Discourse
- Harvard Innovation Labs: Using Tech to Fight Political Polarization
- VentureFizz: Abridge News Offers Multiple Perspectives on Hot-Button News Topics
- BostInno: This Media Startup Is Building a Bridge Between Liberals and Conservatives
- Editor & Publisher: Look Ahead: Abridge News Provides Readers with a Variety of Op-Eds on Trending Topics
- District Hall
- Harvard iLab
- Microsoft Civic Tech Scholarship
- Harvard Business School’s Rock Accelerator
Want to know more? Visit https://abridgenews.com/
ABOUT THE VIDEO SERIES:
The video series features startup founders and executives from the Venture Café Foundation community. Our goal is to capture more startup stories from the community as well as get more impact stories on how our programs at the Venture Cafe Foundation have been useful or helpful for you along your journey.
Want to be interviewed for this video series? Please complete the application form to be considered.
View our collection of startup stories here.