Digital Marketing Coordinator (Contract)
Do you love startups and innovation in general?
Are you outgoing, love working with the public?
We are a dynamic non-profit startup working at the intersection of entrepreneurship and innovation, and we are seeking a Contract Digital Marketing Assistant. Reporting to the Director of Venture Café Cambridge, this entry-level team member will assist with DIGITAL marketing, data collection/analysis, marketing automation, and PR. The Digital Marketing Assistant will have a tremendous opportunity to work with one of the largest communities of entrepreneurs in the Greater Boston-Cambridge area.
The Digital Marketing Assistant will participate in brainstorming marketing tactics, writing and scheduling social posts, marketing distribution, and campaign analytics. The role will also involve data entry and administrative tasks related to marketing. This position will gain a wide spectrum of experience in the marketing of Venture Café programs. We are looking for an energetic and outgoing person who works well with the public. This contract role requires a minimum of 3-5 years of experience.
Note: This contract role has the potential to become a full-time position. The selected candidate must live in the Greater Boston area.
- Bachelor’s degree program (Marketing, Business, etc.)
- Knowledge of social media marketing and public relations principles.
- Familiarity with Boston’s entrepreneurship – innovation ecosystem is preferred.
- Using social media marketing (SMM) tools for marketing campaigns (e.g. Buffer, Hootsuite, etc.).
- Using email marketing software for promotional purposes (e.g. MailChimp).
- Using Excel and SMM analytics tools for collecting, organizing, and analyzing marketing data.
- Using surveying tools to collect user insights (Google forms, Survey monkey, etc.).
- Using WordPress to manage web edits.
- Skill in making effective and timely decisions.
- Ability to develop social media marketing plans across Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbal and written thoughts, ideas, and facts.
- Ability to write marketing copy.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Ability to work with all forms of technology.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others and demonstrates professional, ethical, respectful, and courteous behavior when interacting with others.
- Ability to interact pleasantly and positively with others to meet customer expectations, and provide follow up with customers.
- Ability to work after hours for our weekly event held on Thursdays.
A time commitment of 10-20 hours a week.
ABOUT VENTURE CAFÉ CAMBRIDGE + THE VENTURE CAFÉ FOUNDATION:
Venture Café Cambridge is a social platform that enables relationship-building that is critical for innovation to happen. We educate and connect local entrepreneurs, investors, and enterprises to catalyze innovation and entrepreneurship in the Greater Boston area. Best known for its flagship Café Night event held weekly on Thursday, Venture Café Cambridge is an essential stop for entrepreneurs and innovators who have open access to office hours, workshops, startup demos, information tables and a variety of networking opportunities every week.
Founded in 2010 in Cambridge, MA, Venture Café has now grown into a global network of sites designed to forge relationships within innovation communities around the world. Venture Café Kendall is run by the Venture Café Foundation, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization focused on entrepreneurship and innovation-based economic development, with a mission that every person with an idea should feel empowered to become a successful entrepreneur. The Venture Café Foundation operates District Hall, the Roxbury Innovation Center and Starthub.org.
Find out more information at www.vencaf.org and venturecafefoundation.org
The Venture Café Foundation is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, gender, disability, veteran status, or other protected category.