Patent Strategy for Entrepreneurs: What is the Novelty Requirement?
Startups often ask how innovative their invention must be in order to qualify for patent protection and when the appropriate time in their R&D cycle to apply for patents would be. This session discusses the patentability requirements from 35 USC 102 (novelty). Goals:
- Understand the appropriate steps inventors must take to maintain the novelty of their invention.
- Determine a suitable timeframe to apply for patents.
- Identify potential prior art events that would disqualify an invention from patent protection.
Instructions to join the session at
Virtual Venture Cafe
1. Check-in at Virtual Venture Café homepage . **FIRST TIME ATTENDEES**: It’s our pleasure to welcome you to our network! Please note Venture Cafe requires new visitors to register and takes about 3 minutes. You can do so on Thursday or pre-register now (recommended).
2. After you check-in, you will be directed to the Virtual Venture Café homepage where you will be able to view and join all programming.
3. Scroll down to locate your desired session and click to join